Home Based Early Childhood Development Project completes first year of operation
April 31, 2013 marked the completion of G.R.A.C.E. 's one year pilot project providing Early Childhood Development (ECD) services to marginalised children within their homes or neighbourhoods. G.R.A.C.E. collected data in Embu and Chuka to document how this new model has served these communities. Data collected will be analysed and disseminated to community groups, government ministries, Non Governmental Organizations working on ECD and the donor community. This documentation will be crucial as G.R.A.C.E. explores replication of the model throughout the country. Meanwhile, existing centers continue to operate with caregivers being responsible for volunteer allowances, provision of scholastic materials and contribution to the feeding program.
- Partners in Samburu Program meet to map out implementation strategy
- Children in our Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres now have chairs and tables
- Winner of the Exclusive Vacation announced
- G.R.A.C.E. to engage 18,000 households in Environmental Conservation work
- G.R.A.C.E. documents outcomes of the NPI program in the words of the caregivers and other community beneficiaries